1. Maximum of 15 participating DC bars or bar/restaurants
2. Bars or bar/restaurants must be located within Washington, DC city limits.
3. Bars must register to compete by 4 pm on Tuesday, March 3.
4. Registration fees (and funds donated by bars beyond their registration fee) will be matched by Bloomery Plantation Distillery up to $500 and will be donated to DC Central Kitchen
at the end of the registration event.
5. Each bar can submit up to 3 cocktails to be judged.
6. Participating bars must submit cocktail recipes online by 4 pm on Tuesday, March 10.
7. Recipes must contain no more than 5 ingredients, plus garnish, and must contain at least one flavor of SweetShine.
8. Each bar offers their cocktail submissions to the public as drink specials, priced at their discretion, during the competition (March 12-20).
9. In order to be judged, participating bars must display official SweetShine ShakeDown menus for the duration of the first round competition (through March 20).
10. Participating bars must stock their featured SweetShine flavors for the duration of the first round competition (through March 20). Bloomery SweetShine will provide the first 6 bottles.
11. Participating bars agree to send a representative* of their choice to compete in the live grand finale round on Tuesday, March 24, 7-9:30 pm at Board Room
,1737 Connecticut Avenue Northwest. The grand finale is a final round of judging of the three finalists using a surprise basket of liquor ingredients in front of a public audience and guests.
*representative must be a current employee.
12. The charity chosen by the winning bar must be a registered 501(c)3. Bloomery Plantation Distillery will present the charity with a $1000 donation at the grand finale round as part of the winning bar’s prize package.